According to a Model Based Design, all project information is stored in one (or more) UML/SysML model: system requirements, software implementation classes, test procedures Project Data
- in a multi-user environment, a model becomes a central data repository for project
- a central data repository ensures project data consistency
- models can be navigated and transformed into code, documentation, etc.
- model repository becomes “the” project repository
- a model can be a way to formalize company know-how
- a model can be versioned, so also project information can be versioned
Using Model Transformation technology (M2M, M2T, T2M) integrated within an Eclipse Plug-in we achieve significant reduction of boring and repetitive tasks